Administration & logistics Coordinator
Hours of work 08:45 – 17:00
The primary responsibility of this role is to undertake the administrative tasks and responsibilities associated with the Scania Bus and Coach Team, and to coordinate the logistics surrounding the timely preparation of new vehicles in readiness for customer delivery.
Essential duties and Key Responsibilities
- Support the sales team via completing documentation and providing timely communication.
- Improving service quality by devising new applications, updating procedures, and evaluating systems with users.
- Ensure that the company is protected at all times by the management of historical reference by ensuring the appropriate filing and retrieval systems are in place and well defined.
- Liaison with factory colleagues and providing them with data as required.
- Lead and attend improvement groups to enable efficiencies or add customer value (internal and external).
- Be an ambassador for Scania Bus & Coach whilst communicating with all areas of the business.
- Dealing with customer enquiries where required.
- Cooperate with other Scania departments to ensure the highest quality sales and delivery process is achieved.
- Responsible for data inputting into the appropriate reporting systems.
- Managing the usage and logistics of Bus and Coach Demonstrator vehicles.
- Responsible for the accuracy and cleansing of vehicle stock books and ensuring there is a robust system for a “clean” cost of sale.
- Occasional travel and limited overnight stays will be required.
- Provide support to other areas of the Bus and Coach Administration department during colleague’s periods of absence.
- Coordinate with the other departmental administration department coordinators to provide cover for the sales reception during core opening times at Worksop and ensure it portrays a professional appearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ability to organise work on own initiative and work under pressure
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Have a good telephone manner
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Deal with customer and Sales Executives’ needs with a professional and friendly approach
- Computer literacy to include Microsoft Word and Excel packages
- Ability to deal with all levels of customer service and deliver customer service excellence
- Knowledge of the Scania product would be an advantage but not essential
Education and/or Experience
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Previous experience of administration within a pressurised environment
- Experienced at dealing with customers both internally and externally
- Experience of Kerridge an advantage but not essential
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**