Bodyshop Paint/Panel Apprentice
Working hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bodyshop Paint/Panel Apprentice Technician responsible for preparing and painting new and used vehicles to a high standard at our SHEFFIELD branch.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
You will be trained to be competent in –
- Preparing and painting whole vehicles
- Preparing and painting vehicle panels
- Stripping and rebuilding vehicles
- Welding to a high standard to fit new panels
- Carrying out filler work to the required high standard
- Carrying out repairs on Jossam Cab and Chassis Jig
Other duties will include –
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Liaise with paint supplier to attain correct paints / materials
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made and all job cards are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses as required
- Adhere to environmental guidelines and ensure all substances, spillages and waste are addressed in the correct manner
- General duties as determined by the line manager
Key requirements for the role:
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
- Computer literate
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.