Salary – £24,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Working hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00 (Adhoc Saturdays)
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Branch Administrator who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our SOUTH MIMMS branch you will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing all aspects of administration at the branch with particular emphasis on delivering customer service excellence.
- Day to day office administration duties; filing, post, photocopying, uploading documentation, assist with branch records
- Health & Safety and DOS paperwork, Depot of the Year and DDA paperwork
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls in a polite and professional manner and redirect them accordingly
- Banking, petty cash and expenses.
- Payroll input via Kerridge and KPay computer systems.
- Administer branch training, booking cars & Hotel accommodations
- Costing and WIP control for both workshop and parts
- Managing and recording of depot holidays
- Invoice verification for parts and service
- Receiving and handling branch queries, customer complaints and invoice queries
- Scheduling and service duties
- Stationary ordering
- Sublet order number raising
- Issuing and collating depot order numbers
- Flexibility within working hours – Adhoc Saturday cover required on Parts & Service desk
Key requirements for the role:
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Proven administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Computer literate
- Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and of the Autoline computer system would be desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of ADP
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**