Commercial Solicitor |Legal Adviser
Commercial Solicitor | Legal Advisor
The Commercial Solicitor will support the Head of Legal in providing legal advice to the company. The vacancy is flexible and can be a full time or part time/school hours position. PQE is also flexible as the successful candidate’s PQE will influence external resource solutions.
- Work with the Purchasing Team to review, draft and negotiate terms for a variety of commercial contracts.
- Deliver accurate, consistent and high quality business focused reviews to tight deadlines.
- Work with stakeholders to effectively identify, assess and manage legal risk.
- Ensure appropriate reporting on, and escalating of, key legal matters.
- Support the implementation of an efficient contract review process, delivering improvement opportunities as necessary.
- Contribute to and support the use of technology, including the use and development of enterprise legal management solutions, to improve efficiency and service.
- Support the business as required with general contract queries and the use and management of existing contract templates.
- Work effectively with sales consultants and other business colleagues.
- To influence, support and implement the vision, strategy and values of the Compliance, Legal and Risk Committee.
- To develop and maintain appropriate internal know-how and expertise together with continual improvement and benchmarking.
Key knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Professional qualification in law is essential.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude and focus on seeking solutions and possibilities.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience of reviewing commercial contracts preferred.
- A genuine team player, looking to work as part of a tight-knit and supportive team.
- Ability to manage a heavy and varied work-load, working at a fast-pace.
- Keeps up to date with relevant legal and industry developments.
- Ability to adapt in a changing business environment and to embrace and to effect change, including implementing new processes and procedures to ensure a smoother ‘user experience’ for the business.
- Collaborative and accessible approach, able to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Willing to take on new challenges, additional responsibilities and changes in role.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Well organised and execution orientated
- Friendly with a can-do attitude
- Ability to build good relationships with internal stakeholders
- Keen to learn and develop their legal skills
- Inquisitive nature
- A logical thinker
- Practical approach
- Good attention to detail
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spiritand Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**