Driver / Branch Maintenance
Salary: £27,000 to £28,177 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we Scania at invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Based at our MAIDSTONE Branch you will be responsible for helping and assisting in the general cleanliness and maintenance of the workshop, Depot and yard/ parking areas. Assist with the collection and delivery of customers vehicles, road testing and general driving duties as required. Carrying out general maintenance and repairs within the Depot and departments, and to carry out any tasks as deemed reasonably practical by supervisors/ managers.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- General housekeeping/ cleaning duties within the workshop and depot areas
- General maintenance and up-keep of company equipment
- General property repairs and maintenance as required
- Up-keep and tidiness of yard and parking areas
- Collection and delivery of customer vehicles for servicing
- Diagnose issues and road testing of customer vehicles
- Running a MOT / ATS lanes 3 days a week
- Yard shunting
- Promote the company’s products and services
- Running of the ATF lane (MOT Testing) three days a week
Education and/or Experience
- Must have experience in a commercial workshop
- Must have mechanical background and be able to run an MOT / ATS lane
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Category C+E License isessential
- Driver CPC (desirable)
- PCV license (desirable)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to build good relationships, internally and externally
- Willing to learn
- Flexible approach
- Willing to be flexible with additional hours to suit the business needs
- A clean driving license
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**