Graduate IT Technical Support
Scania are looking to employ a recent graduate within IT. If you have recently finished an IT based degree and want to start your career with a premium brand then this job may be for you!
£18,500 to £24,000
Monday to Friday on a shift rota one week at each time
07:45 to 16:00
08:45 to 17:00
09:45 to 18:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our IT department providing technical support within the operations team.
Based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes you will be responsible for providing technical support over the phone, remotely, using virtual desktop tools as well as maintaining desktop support. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, reporting, maintaining and upgrading hardware equipment. As well as looking after a number of key areas within the operations side of the Service Desk this may require the occasional site visit.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Graduate IT Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Monitoring of support calls logged for the operations department, including assigning to the relevant analyst.
- Provide technical support for the Thin Client environment.
- Citrix XenApp environment support
- Airwatch Administration
- Collate and work with a 3rd party supplier to collect any asset disposals on a regular basis.
- Hardware configuration and support – PC, Mobile Phones, Tablets, Printers, Laptops, Barcode scanners.
- Software Support – Windows 7, 10 Server 2008,2012, 2013 as well as MS Office, Active Directory, LANDesk, XenApp, IGEL UMS, OSX.
Key IT Technical Support requirements for the role:
- Preferably educated to degree level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Essential):
- Need to be flexible with great interpersonal skills, able to work on their own initiative and within a team.. Knowledge of network concepts and technology.
Abilities Desirable but not Essential:
- experience with LANDesk service desk system
- CCNA, CCNP
- MCAfee EPO
- IGEL UMS
- Experience with VMware
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, quality, determination, team spirit and integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**