Motion Graphics Designer
We are looking for a graphic designer who has knowledge of motion graphics and can drive new creative ideas, produce stunning motion graphics, be a natural problem solver, think fast and work efficiently. The person must be able to innovate and conceptualise but also take direction well and get the job done.
Scania (Great Britain) Limited is one of the leading truck brands in the UK and is looking to employ a key contributor to the communications creative team, to work as part of a team that is responsible for customer and fan engagement, marketing and commercial media strategies. The in-house content and production team create assets across traditional and digital media, including animated screens, editing video, and producing new unique content for multiple channels including social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of traditional graphic design techniques and motion graphics
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables (websites, digital screens, corporate video editing, marketing demos, Social video and more.
- Work with the creative team to understand project scope and objectives
- Guide and give assistance in selecting audio, video, colours and animation ideas for motion graphics
- Design and create storyboards
- Maintain and follow best practices for the organisation of graphic files
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques
- Assist in the improvement of team knowledge in animation, motion and editing techniques
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years graphic design experience
- Preferably a degree in Illustration / Animation Degree / Graphic Design
- Proven original creative capacity
- A good understanding and experience of motion graphics in an agency or corporate environment
- Good knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4d, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently or in collaboration with a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews their work carefully as quality control is key
- Experience of filming, camerawork, video editing and a willingness to travel are an advantage
It would be an advantage to have experience of the following: Storyboards, AEM, Video Design, Motion Graphic Designer, Graphic Designer, Artworker, Photoshop, Online Publishing, Web Designer, Web Editor, Digital Marketing, Online Production Editor, Motion Graphics Designer, and Motion Graphics.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**