Human Resources Advisor
Working Pattern – Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Scania (Great Britain) Limited is a leading supplier of heavy commercial vehicles, a premium brand with many fans. You don’t need to know about trucks to join our team as HR Advisor, but you do need to know about people to support our 1700 colleagues in the UK. You’ll be based in Milton Keynes, but our depots might need you onsite too, so you might need to travel.
The HR Advisor provides telephone and some onsite support to managers and employees in a wide variety of Employee Relations (ER) casework, some of which is complex and demanding. This role would be suited to someone with experience in handling employee relations issues who is ready to take responsibility for managing a high volume of ER cases whilst sharing their expertise by coaching others.
HR Advisor Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for managing a high volume of ER cases (e.g. disciplinary, grievance, performance management, sickness absence).
- Advise managers and HR support staff on HR compliance and process to promote a consistent approach.
- Carry out investigations, presenting findings and making recommendations for future actions.
- Prepare reports, letters and other documents.
- Review, propose amendments and maintain Human Resources policies, developing new procedures and practices.
- Work closely with our legal advisers to ensure that cases are resolved.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of managing complex and challenging HR cases (disciplinary, performance management, grievance etc). Able to:
- Absorb information quickly and process it to distil the issues.
- Deal with conflict where employees are upset or angry, defusing situations and calmly proposing sensible ways forward.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally, adopting an appropriate style and tone.
- Work with integrity whilst remaining pragmatic and commercially focused.
- An excellent track record for building strong professional relationships and credibility across all levels of the organisation, including:
- A strong focus on delivering great customer service and the ability to build and manage key relationships.
- Coaching skills to support colleagues and managers in doing the right things in the right way, recognizing the business imperative and individual needs.
- Contributing to team spirit whilst able to work independently.
- Experience of applying latest employment legislation and best practice to operational work.
- Ability to manage a high workload with multiple demands and tight deadlines, monitor service levels and act as required:
- Methodical in approach with excellent planning skills with the flexibility to adapt to new priorities.
- A CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and we can offer you an excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, free on-site parking, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. Our Milton Keynes offices are also undergoing a complete rebuild so the successful candidate will join an industry leading company with an office to match! For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**