Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal | Legal Assistant. The successful applicant will provide support to the Legal Team and the team with their administration.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer first, Respect for the Individual and Quality in all we do.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation
The role of the Paralegal is to support the legal team, this will involve both administrative and legal support. The Paralegal will be responsible for the management, coordination and processing of legal challenges against Scania. They must ensure Scania’s databases, systems and reports are accurately updated and key legal data is disseminated across the business.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
Below is a list of the key areas of the job but it is not exhaustive and job holders may be required to carry out other tasks at the request of their manager.
- Manage and co-ordinate public, product and employee liability claims with business stakeholders, insurers and third parties.
- Draft court documents.
- Draft and negotiate low value contracts.
- Provide administrative support where required.
- Handle enquiries from across the business.
- To research legal developments
Education and/or Experience
- A legal background (either undergoing or completed the LPC or completing the CILEx courses) with a desire to pursue a career in law and an interest in civil litigation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and to use initiative to further processes and tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing high attention to detail.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel & PowerPoint.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**