Process Improvement Executive | Continuous Improvement Co-Ordinator
£28,000 – £35,000 pa + car + bonus
Monday to Friday
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Process Improvement Executive to join a small, busy team. You will promote the Scania Continuous Improvement methodology and culture at all times. You will also support all areas of the business in the South West region to develop and maintain standard work documentation and execute continuous improvement events.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
- Work in conjunction with the business to identify process improvements.
- Support, champion and drive process improvements, including such initiatives as the Scania Service Flow and Sales to Delivery across the UK Retail Network.
- Assist the process owner to document standards
- Coach/train other stakeholders in the use of standards
- Work extensively as a facilitator of teams that are working to eliminate waste in their work processes
- Track business improvement processes and set priorities
- Adapt your approach using Lean/Six Sigma/SRS tools available, developing a good rapport with the branches/departments.
- Promote a culture of involving all, encouraging and facilitating when necessary cross functional improvement teams.
- Escalate any improvement items that cannot be dealt with at local level.
- Develop and implement a culture of continuous improvement by centralising good ideas from the business.
- Facilitate improvement days when required.
Key requirements for the role:
- Maintain a structured approach to your work along with an element of flexibility where needed.
- Demonstrate a passion for a job well done.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Understand people
- Able to lead, coach, motivate, inspire and engage people around you.
- Able to challenge people to continuously improve, without you or them becoming defensive.
- Know when to give praise and when to apply assertiveness and focus on the task in hand.
- Understand how people learn.
- Accept and welcome change in order to implement and facilitate improvement work.
- Talk to all levels with respect; it is the way you talk to people that will make the difference.
- The ability to work on own initiative under pressure and as a team player in a busy department.
- Computer literacy including MS Office.
- Continuously develop skills and knowledge learning about all aspects of the business.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt
- Understanding of Process Mapping and Value
- A3 Problem Solving Tools
- Knowledge of Autoline & Microsoft systems
- Ability to travel across multiple sites to attend meetings on a regular basis
- Training Experience
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and Scania.
Excellent benefits package including company car, pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**