Project Manager - Software
Software Project Manager
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for Software Project Manager to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our software development team scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of our current legacy applications used by our employees. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured software project manager to help achieve this. Our developments are predominantly web and mobile applications using Microsoft technologies and support all areas of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with IT Management to project manage projects, including the formation and management of project teams (including 3rd parties and contractors where necessary), assembly and management of project budgets and overall project management to deliver systems solutions.
- Provide weekly progress reports to the project board and other senior stakeholders
- Manage all other project communications and reporting
- Create and manage the implementation plan
- Manage and coordinate all activities by the business including finance, communications, key revenue making teams and IT teams as well as external suppliers/consultants
- Managing software development projects from conception through to delivery.
- Facilitating the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Implementing best practices, techniques and tools for project planning and management.
- To liaise with all project stakeholders on an on-going basis and be the key contact for all potential issues and obstacles that may arise on a project.
- To analyse validity of potential projects and amalgamating projects where possible.
- To anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks and dependencies that may impact on the delivery of projects.
- Must be articulate, able to document requirements, produce reports and minute meetings where required.
- Create and maintain all project documentation according to PRINCE2
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures and controls
- Liaison with European Markets and Head Office (Sweden) – Capturing feedback and future requirements. Prioritising and organising developments, briefing and managing both internal developers and external development partners (all aspects of the development process). Ensuring developments are successfully released into the live environment.
- Stakeholder Management at all levels of the organisation (UK and Europe)
- Minimum undergraduate degree (Computing background preferable).
- Project Management qualification
- An appreciation for software development technologies mainly the Microsoft stack.
- An appreciation for software design and UI.
- Evidence of working with Agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different areas of the organisation and at different levels of seniority.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people.
- Some European Travel
- Previous experience of implementing both Infrastructure and software projects
- Results-focused: able to set high work standards for self and demonstrate drive to meet targets.
- Customer-orientated: desire and willingness to address the needs of residents and project team members, continually seeking to improve quality and standards of excellence
- Solid track record of successful IT implementation project delivery within cost, time, quality, scope, risk and benefit constraints
- Ability to create simple Project Management documentation and reports; such as PIDs, Dashboard reports and RAID logs
- Previous experience of IT implementations involving integrations with multiple systems
- Previous experience of IT implementations involving multiple external IT suppliers
- Experience of successful business change management
- Ability to influence and motivate managers and staff across the business and external suppliers to ensure project milestones and objectives are met
- Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills
- High levels of the following key competencies:
- Time management
- People management
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Conflict management
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**