£20,000 to £30,000
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join the Purchasing team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will support the team and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in Purchasing / Procurement.
Based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes you will use your administration skills to maintain and improve the supplier information on our database, analyse data and produce reports as well as supporting the Purchasing team.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
- Maintain and improve the quality of supplier information held within the purchasing system “Determine”. This includes
- Administration of the company’s supplier contract register
- Creating reports analysing the supplier base for spend and compliance
- Update Purchasing’s KPIs
- Keep purchasing information available on the company intranet relevant and up to date
- General support of the Purchasing team
- Challenge and improve present processes, methods and tools with a constructive and positive approach
Key requirements for the role:
- Previous experience in a procurement role working alongside purchasers or buyers or good experience in general business administration
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Great customer service skills
- Team worker with a positive “can do” attitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- IT skills, especially Microsoft office packages
Excellent benefits package pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, free on-site parking, subsidised restaurant, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**