Senior QA Test Analyst
Senior QA Test Analyst
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for Senior QA Test Analyst to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our software development team scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of our current legacy applications used by our employees. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured senior software developer to help achieve this. Our developments are predominantly web and mobile applications using Microsoft technologies and support all areas of the business.
Essential duties & Job responsibilities
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of test processes and be able to identify areas for process improvement.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artefacts like test data, data validation scripts, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Establish good testing practices and strategies.
- Establish the use of automated test technologies on projects wherever suitable
- Produce high quality documentation and create end-to-end test plans; execute test plans and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and the solution works as expected
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Working closely with the Development, Support and Project teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the testing is aligned to requirements
- Writing and reviewing technical test scripts and User acceptance testing scripts
- Perform UAT with business users, capturing and reporting defects to the project to enable review, required remediation and re-test.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects).
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Experience in Manual and Automation testing
- Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- Testing Tools such as JIRA, HP Quality Centre or equivalent
- Automation Tools such as Selenium, applitools, testcomplete etc.
- ISTQB Foundation (or equivalent) certification level would be a benefit
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle specifically those areas relating to Test
- Experience with the Windows operating system and familiarity with PC hardware and architecture
- SQL Server experience
- Reporting Services experience
- Experience with REST API
Experience/skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Experience and knowledge of agile, scrum and kanban methodologies
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools such as Jira or TFS
- Agility and capability to adapt to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; handle conflict effectively; collaborate; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable
- Experience of testing APIs (RESTful and SOAP) e.g. Swagger, Postman
- Experience of SQL; writing simple queries to validate data; inserting test data; some knowledge of relational databases
- Customer service drive, attention to detail to ensure quality and consistency
- Excellent communication & engagement skills with all stakeholders at all levels both technical and non-technical including suppliers of applications.
- Building relationships with applications owners and present them with defects, issues and risks for their applications.
- Create/Build relationships with Analysts or equivalent to share Knowledge/Experiences/issues.
- Strong customer engagement
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure application created by the business is software compatible.
- Reporting defects and compatibility issues. Chasing for updates.
- Experience of Infrastructure testing
- 5 years + professional experience
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**