Technical Engineer - Field based
Technical Engineer – Field based (Nationwide)
Salary: £37,000 – £40,000 + bonus + car
Monday to Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a field based Technical Engineer with extensive Truck, Bus and Engines experience to provide nationwide support to Scania dealer workshops. You will be expected visit the Technical Centre in Loughborough 1-2 days per week and Regional based travel for the remainder of the time.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Experience of Roadside Breakdown or Field based role.
- Working as part of the Technical Support team providing Helpdesk and Field Support to dealer workshops
- Manage day-to-day administration and technical investigation of Helpdesk cases via FRAS.
- Coordinate and interact with dealers to ensure a structured and recorded approach to troubleshooting and fault diagnosis.
- Technical investigation and solution provider (working closely with Services and Scania CV).
- Manning of the VOR telephone line and ensuring service levels are maintained via daily meetings.
- Liaising with factory on technical matters via Global Technical Support and Field Quality to achieve timely solutions.
- Production of Technical Information (T.M.I’s)
- SOPS application and rebuild support.
- Support at Technical Product Meetings, Technical conferences and other meetings as required.
- Development of Technical infrastructure to ensure Scania keeps the lead in the market.
- Work with Escalation technicians to form close-working relationships.
- Expected to attend Technical training in the UK and abroad as required.
- The role will require extensive travel across the U.K.
- Provide out of hours phone support for VOR cases during times of new product introduction.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diagnostic experience, solution orientated.
- Technically very competent with extensive Scania training and product knowledge (Truck, Bus, Engine)
- Maintain a structured approach to their work along with an element of flexibility where needed.
- An excellent working knowledge of the automotive industry and Scania products.
- Demonstrate a passion for a job well done (right first time, on time) and excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally, with high customer service skills.
- Accept and welcome change in order to develop role.
- The ability to work on own initiative under pressure and as a team player in a busy department and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity at all times.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in FRAS & MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours (this is not a 9-5 job)
- Current valid driving licence with C+E (class 1) truck entitlement would be beneficial.
Excellent benefits package including company car, pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**