Warranty Claims Inspector / Assessor
Warranty Claims Inspector / Assessor
£25,000 – £29,000 per annum
Monday to Friday, 08:45-17:00
Due to a recent retirement we have an exciting opportunity for a Warranty Claims Inspector / Assessor. Based at our Head Officein Milton Keynes you will be responsible for the processing of claims and material in relation to warranty and other repairs. You will be fork-lift trained in order to manage material as necessary and will also share the responsibility for taking in other deliveries for the head office. It will be necessary to be able to work with a number of different computer systems for investigative interrogation in order to assess claims and the reasons for failure.
Working with the warranty team and the technical department you will keep up to date with on-going technical issues in relation to the Scania product. In order to fulfil daily tasks you will be expected to work within Excel using control documents to identify claims and issues to be dealt with and also to monitor the quality of material received. You will communicate with the dealer network to discuss claims and explain decisions, and also to ensure the timely processing of claims and related material.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Warranty Claims Inspector Responsibilities:
- Daily processing of claims material and other deliveries through the warranty workshop.
- Daily assessment of material and the related claim in order to ensure maximum recovery from factory and 3rd party suppliers
- Identification of time related issues relating to claims in progress using Excel monitoring tool and other systems.
- Communicate with the network to improve the quality and timeliness of claims and material.
- Promotion and use of Warranty and R&M user guide along with e-learning material to educate the network in the processing of claims and material.
- Assist in the assessment of material submission quality in order to provide feedback to the network on a monthly basis
Key requirements for the role:
- A technical awareness of vehicle repair activities to enable comprehensive assessment of claims
- An ability to understand and interrogate multiple systems and at a minimum moderate Excel skills
- Numerate, accurate, diligent, detail-oriented
- A good understanding of Scania product and the mechanical workings and maintenance requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of vehicle warranty systems
- The ability to organise work on own initiative and work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work
- Proven organisational and administration skills
- Computer literacy
- Team worker
- Required to be a Fork-lift driver (training will be provided if not currently qualified)
- Background in vehicle industry (Ideally Scania product).
- Systems including AS400, 8.35, Excel
- Able to communicate decisions to network via written and verbal means
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, free on-site parking, subsidised restaurant, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**