Workshop Technician & Health and Safety Coordinator
Job Title: Workshop Technician/Health and Safety Coordinator
Role Summary: The Workshop Technician/Health and Safety Coordinator will develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Scania products and a very good understanding of the organisation.
They will be responsible for ensuring all resources are maintained and operational. They will offer support to a team of Technical Instructors and assist will all aspects of workshop and classroom delivery.
They will maintain the Scania Training Centre to a high standard at all times offering a quick and cost effective solution to all aspects of the building and equipment.
They will ensure the cleanliness of the Scania Training centre is maintained to a high standard at all times.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Main duties: Workshop Technician, reporting to the Technical Training Manager and Health and Safety Coordinator, reporting to the General Manager Safety Health and Environment (SHE)
- Working alongside the Training team with specific roles therein
- To maintain the Training facilities and equipment to maintain an excellent reputation
- Working closely and coordinating onsite contractors
- To work with the Process Improvement office and to promote the SRS principles in all aspects of work
- Managing daily risks at the Scania Training Centre
- Coordinating various events at the Scania Training Centre
- Site security/out of hours call out and surveillance monitoring. reviewing CCTV on mobile device.
- Other duties may be reasonably required
- Ensuring the Scania Training Centre continues to remain Environmentally compliment
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
Education and/or Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Essential)
- Positive outlook
- Previous experience seen as an advantage but not essential
- Maintain a structured approach to their work along with an element of flexibility where needed
- Demonstrate a passion for a job well done and excellent organisational skills
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbally, as well as high customer service skills
- Accept and welcome change in order to develop role
- The ability to work on own initiative under pressure and as a team player in a busy department and cross-functionally
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity at all times
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Full Clean Driving Licence including HGV/PCV licence
- Forklift licence
Abilities Desirable but not Essential
- Diagnostic experience, solution orientated
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**