Administrator – Technical Support
Fixed term contract covering maternity leave
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
£18,500 to £21,500 per annum
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator based at our Technical Centre in Loughborough. This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave for 12 months and we are looking for someone to start in March.
We are looking for an experienced Administrator with outstanding customer service and organisational skills as well as the flexibility to adapt to the challenges of working in the Technical department.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer first, Respect for the Individual and Quality in all we do.
- To comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times.
- Work as part of the Technical team directly reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Work alongside the Technical Support & Field Quality Engineers.
- Manning of the Customer and Dealer VOR phone line to ensure high service levels are maintained.
- Process incoming invoices from Sweden & recharge invoices to the dealer network, including recharge of costs associated with vehicle configuration files, diagnostic equipment and technical investigations.
- Manage the day-to-day administration functions of the Department.
- Coordinate and interact with Scania dealer network to arrange Technical Product meetings, Technical conferences & Technical visits.
- Proof reading of Technical bulletins and reports.
- Publishing of Technical literature via e-mail, intranet, learning management system and on digital workshop screens.
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports from Failure Reporting & telephone systems to analyse trends & patterns.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop Technical department processes and procedures, including app based systems.
- Attend training sessions primarily in the UK, but also abroad as requested.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
- The role will be primarily based at the Technical Training Centre in Loughborough in the Technical office, but may also require travel across the UK from time to time.
Key requirements for the role:
- GCSE English & Maths (or equivalent) as minimum requirement.
- Must demonstrate the ability & desire to learn quickly, and be keen to develop personal skills.
- A high degree of attention to detail in every aspect of the job.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Team player with willing and enthusiastic approach, supporting other members of the team.
- Excellent customer service skills, understanding customer needs and keeping customers informed.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint).
- Previous experience of invoicing systems.
- Demonstrate a passion for a job well done (right first time on time)
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Accept and welcome change in order to develop role.
- The ability to work on own initiative under pressure and as a team player in a busy department and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity at all times.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Due to the remote location of the Technical Training Centre, the ideal candidate will have a full clean driving licence and own transport.
We offer an excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, on-site subsidised canteen, Financial Incentive Schemes, popular retailer discounts including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Agencies**