Application Support Team Lead
Based At Milton Keynes
£45,000 to £50,000 + Company Incentive Scheme + Excellent Benefits Package
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for Application Support Team Lead to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
This role will be part of Application Support Team and is a leadership role for the enterprise. The role of Application Support Team Lead manages the support team that has specific responsibility for maintaining or enhancing, and eventually decommissioning applications through application life cycle.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
The Application Support Team Lead role will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of applications:
- Lead and prioritise the Application Support team’s work load
- Manage and Own the Problem Management Process
- Develop, co-ordinate and promote the effective functioning of problem management activities across application support team
- Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
- To examine potential areas for Service Improvement and raise proposals working with Application Support Manager
- Provide technical leadership
- Provide input to application/infrastructure scalability
- Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Maintain application monitoring, performance tuning and testing
- Provide 3rd line Application Support on complex internally and externally developed applications
- Provide input to administering and maintaining all production and internal environments
- Provide input to the implementation, backup and roll-back plans
- Act as a technical resource for internal and external projects
- Ensure there are robust procedures and processes within the application support function remit
- Follow appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies (i.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management).
- Maintain good working relationships with internal departments as well as 3rd party vendors and hosting providers
- Design, prepare and conduct training relating to Problem Management and the appropriate usage of the Support Management Service
- Provide timely and export advice on emerging trends and issues affecting Service Delivery and Support. Develop strategies to allow Application Support to manage resultant problems
Application Governance, Strategy and Delivery
The Application Support Team Lead role primary responsibility is to ensure the applications cost-effectively meet the needs of the business by:
- Overseeing the assessment of the technical and business fitness of the application portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Facilitating the application governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications must support.
- Working with stakeholders to accomplish this application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Overseeing support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Working with the chief information security officer (CISO) to ensure that the organization's applications are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated.
- Ensure that the organization's applications are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated to ensure compliance with legal and corporate privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Overseeing application portfolio across various business functions including Finance, HR, Marketing, Sales, Services and IT
The Application Support Team Lead must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven ability to in supporting various applications including
- Dealer Management System (Autoline or an equivalent)
- Talent Management System (MyCompass or an equivalent)
- Electronic Document Management System (Filestream, Sharepoint or an equivalent)
- Compliance Management software (R2C or an equivalent)
- HR Information System (Ceridian or an equivalent)
- Finance/Back office System (Autoline, D365 or an equivalent)
- CRM System (D365, Saleforce or an equivalent)
- Reporting Systems (IBM TM1 or an equivalent)
- Office 365 forms
- Experience in managing and maintaining windows services, windows applications, web applications etc..
- Experience working with various technologies including
- .NET, J2EE, PowerShell and batch programs
- T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS
- IIS and Apache Tomcat
- Unix and Windows
- Exposure to iSeries technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies including Azure and AWS
The Application Support Team Lead role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the application support team (including staffing, budgeting and other relevant management functions)
Behaviours and Competencies
The Application Support Team Lead role acts in a leadership role and must demonstrate the following leadership attributes:
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- The ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies.
Education and Training
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field.
The Application Support Team Lead role must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
The Application Support Team Lead role must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing