Application Support Analyst – Autoline
Location: Milton Keynes Head Office
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08:45 – 17:00
Salary: £29,000 – £32,000
Scania GB are looking for a proactive individual to fulfil the position of Application Support Analyst – Autoline. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting Scania’s critical Dealer Management System – Autoline. The day-to-day focus requires provision of IT support, including troubleshooting, issue resolution, logging and managing support tickets with 3rd parties and general support of the business’ needs with their critical systems.
- Must have product knowledge of Autoline, Dealer Management System.
- Design, build, deliver, support, and provide product expertise
- Review all incoming support cases assigned, solving issues, and fulfilling customer requirements
- Perform a range of technical work activities either remotely or onsite to meet the business’s IT requirements
- Enable and encourage an innovative approach and share ideas for developing new ways of working
- Support in the technical build, testing and deployment of new solutions
- Analytical thinker – ability to analyse and synthesise information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making
- Communication – ability to listen and communicate openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
- Initiative – ability to deal with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organisational goals
Have you got the experience that you believe will be suitable to fulfil this amazing position? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Closing Date: 25.08.22