Area Service Manager
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for an Area Service Manager to join the management team in Scotland.
The main responsibility of the Area Service Manager is to manage the performance of the depots in relation to workshops and parts department, to develop, drive, support and follow up the activities to sell and produce services as well as ensure customer loyalty in the geographic area. The Area Service Manager has the functional responsibility to steer the service-related activities in the market and business plan together with achieving Scania's commercial and financial targets in the area together with exceeding the benchmark for staff and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Responsibility for achievement of Financial (EBIT) and Operation KPl's for both Service and Parts.
- Manage the Safety, Health and Environmental requirements
- Develop short medium and long-term business plans in conjunction with regional leadership team.
- Responsibility for customer interaction and satisfaction.
- Develop strategies to deliver stability and quality of staffing together with an engaged work force.
- Represent the Regional Executive Director in the Services area.
- Encourage and promote an EBIT and customer-oriented mind-set
- Steer regional sales based on active services sales strategy and deploy the business development team accordingly
- Review and tactically implement the pricing and discount strategy at a regional level.
- Identify new business opportunities across all areas of the business and work cross functionally.
- Analyse financial and performance reports and implement appropriate tactical actions.
- Monitor market and competitor activity, trends and demands and react accordingly
- Deliver measurable customer service activities
- Track and report on depot service activities and plans, sales forecasts, objectives and targets
- Actively engage in physical weekly and monthly follow up meetings with dealer and workshop service staff on site
- Daily follow-up of workshop performance in regard to Customer loyalty, Commercial and Service Production matters
- Coach, motivate and encourage accountability in service teams to reach targets
- Identify deviations and generate appropriate action plans
- Implement and develop service sales
- Engage actively in depot service meetings
- Visit dealers and workshops weekly for development and follow up
- Interact/visit customers regularly together with depot/ workshop people
- Work cross functionally to deliver results via Scania core values.
- Identify, coach, mentor and develop team to ensuring career development at all levels of the business.
- Help to implement new solutions in line with customer needs, actively interacting and listening to the network
- Market and communicate Scania services and the portfolio to existing and potential customers
Education and/or experience
- Relevant Education or equivalent work experience
- Business knowledge and experience from a similar role an advantage
- Managerial and Leadership experience
- Fluent in English
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**