Branch Workshop Services Manager
Branch Workshop Services Manager
Grimsby & Scunthorpe
£45k per annum + bonus + excellent benefits package
40hpw, Monday to Friday
Scania is one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Branch Workshop Services Manager to join the team based at our Grimsby & Scunthorpe branches.
You will proactively manage the workshop operations in order to maximize customer and employee satisfaction, as well as business performance contributing to the profitable growth of Scania. You will ensure that customers have great confidence in the workshop through the provision of excellent service by managing employees and customer relationships as well as working in close collaboration with the General Manager and will deputise to manage the branches when required.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Workshop management – Manage and plan the daily operations of the workshop, working with and acting on deviations. Leading and motivating the workshop and service staff and Services Salesman personnel.
- Workshop customer relations – Develop and manage customer relationships ensuring that customer needs are met and services are developed to meet the future needs of the customer.
- Workshop service solution sales – Increase service solutions sales by developing, maintaining and communicating the services portfolio and solutions according to customer needs.
- Follow up workshop results – Develop the workshop business by following up budget, results, operational targets and taking measures in order, to achieve set targets.
- Customers – Workshop Services Managers meet customers to understand and/or explain complex technical details regarding the jobs to be carried out or done in the workshop
- Distributor – Interact with different departments at distributor to secure properly aligned workshop operations
- Spare parts
- Finance Department
- Contracted services
- HR & Training
- Sales & Sales back office
- Body-builders – Workshop Services Managers liaise with Body-builders in order to develop workshop services portfolio and secure the competence for delivering agreed solutions to customers
- Handle interaction with DVSA staff and local DVSA area manager
- Local authorities – Act as point of contact toward different local stakeholders including safety officials and local fire service regarding ADR
- Business perspective – Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance
- Communication – Listening and communicating openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
- Customer focus – Providing service excellence to internal and external customers
- Accountability – Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- Inspiring others – Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers
- Managing people – Managing others to ensure their work contributes to organizational goals. Developing individuals, building teams, resolving conflicts and applying workplace policies.
- Managing resources – Planning, allocating and mobilizing resources (human, physical, information and financial resources) to achieve organizational goals
- Products and services – Maintains an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks. Understands Scania products and services value proposition connected to processes and business.
- Problem solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
- Result orientated – Demonstrates the effort, willingness and ambition to achieving results. Meets objectives and responds proactively to avoid disappointing results
- SHE – Demonstrates understanding for importance of safety and health policies, procedures and regulations. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees.
- High school education
- Technical experience
- Experience from dealership position or similar
- Supervisory experience
- Relevant work experience in automotive industry
- Heavy vehicle licence
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**