Business Manager Used North - Scania Financial Services
Business Manager – Used North
Location: North East & Scotland
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Scania Finance Great Britain Limited is a wholly owned Scania company, with the responsibility of writing profitable finance business by supporting the sale of the Scania product range in the UK. Working in partnership with the dealer network, it is our aim that all parties work in collaboration to achieve the business objectives set.
In addition to being a funder in its own right, Scania Financial Services is also a finance broker. Working with several strategic funding partners, our broker proposition enables us to support the dealer network by offering our customers unique solutions that meet their needs.
Scania Finance Great Britain Limited also provides insurance solutions such as GAP, RTI and fleet-based products. We are now looking to employ an experienced asset finance salesperson to operate in the North East of England, a region covering from the Scottish borders, Hull, Spalding and Warrington.
In this exciting role you will work with and support the Scania dealer sales teams and structure finance deals for used Scania vehicles, whilst working as part of a larger team alongside the Sales Manager. You will achieve your goals by organising your day effectively, building strong relationships with several key stakeholders, managing the sales process and regular account management, with Scania regional management teams to develop local tactical sales strategies, that help achieve both parties’ objectives.
This direct sales role is not limited to the funding opportunities available from vehicle sales, as the Used Business Manager you are tasked to fund non-Scania equipment and using our broker services, it is your responsibility to build broker type relationships with customers, providing financial solutions for all of their funding requirements. In addition to this you will also have the opportunity to sell a number of insurance related products and promote a number of other Scania products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage effective stakeholder relationships in your allocated sales area ensuring their requirements are met.
• Fully manage the sales process and ensure referrals & introductions are of the highest quality.
• Proactively develop new finance business for Scania vehicles & non-Scania equipment to maximise income.
• Work alongside the retail sales teams to identify and develop new business opportunities and increase sales volume.
• Develop effective tactical sales campaigns to improve awareness and drive the sale of Scania vehicles
• Produce management information and document reports as required by your management team.
• Aim to achieve the key sales objectives set by the business including funding income and penetration goals for Scania, non-Scania, insurance and other asset finance and Scania related products.
• Maximise the opportunities that present themselves to profitably fund non-Scania equipment.
• Be an ambassador of and promote the Scania brand.
• Prepare effective and accurate credit proposals that can be handled in a fast and efficient way by the credit team as required.
• Be conversant with the business systems operated by the business and other technology as required.
• Build and maintain strong, effective working relationships with your finance colleagues to maximise the efficiency of the sales process.
• Complete all other work and business requests, including collections and other risk management work as required by the business and when asked.
• You must be available to cover and support other sales areas and dealers’ operations, as and when required.
• You will support the Sales Manager in meeting their regional objectives successfully for the business.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical, legal and internal developments relevant to finance and insurance programmes and implement or recommend necessary and appropriate changes, involvement, and investment by the company.
The Used Business Manager will be expected to work within their sales area and will be based form one or more dealer locations. You will be expected to travel as required to meet your business objectives, and some foreign travel may be required. You will attend meetings, conferences, training courses and seminars as required by the business.
Key COMPETENCIES / Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will have or will be expected to gain the following:
• A full clean driving licence.
• Excellent account management skills.
• The ability to interpret financial and commercial information in the context of Scania Finance’s short and long term objectives, and where appropriate take or recommend practical actions to keep Scania Finance on track to achieve or exceed those objectives.
• The drive and enthusiasm to work remotely in order to fulfil their duties.
• A very good asset finance background and product knowledge and the ability to strucuture, present and sell asset finance solutions.
• Excellent commercial acumen and the ability to forge strong working partnerships with key people within Scania organisation.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications specifically Excel/Word/Outlook and have the ability and be prepared to learn how to use the current Scania Financial Services applications and systems.
• Experience of working remotely.
• Located in the North East of England (between Sheffield and Newcastle).
If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you can make a positive contribution to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday 10th June 2022.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.