Costing Administrator | Parts Advisor
Costing Administrator / Parts Advisor
Competitive rates + Bonus + Benefits
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Administrator and/or Parts Advisor who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
This is a hybrid position of parts and invoicing. Essential experience in one of the roles with training provided to counter the deficit will be provided.
Based at our VMU in Andover, Hampshire you will be reporting directly into the General Manager. You will provide the administrative function in the Service Department specifically invoicing and the Parts Department, ensuring all costing and invoicing takes place in an accurate and timely manner, in line with manufacturer requirements.
Costing Administrator / Parts Advisor Responsibilities
- To review job documentation (job cards) and process work in conjunction with manufacturers standard text and times
- To administer and process retail work including customer invoices
- To administer and process warranty, repair and maintenance claims to the manufacturer in accordance with manufacturer and Branch procedures
- To work in conjunction with other team members providing support and working towards department objectives
- To ensure accurate submission of warranty claims on a daily basis
- To build and maintain excellent customer relationships supply parts to the customer and workshop
- Order parts in line with operational needs and chase suppliers
- Check incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct location, updating computer with goods received
- Assist with delivery and collection of parts as required
- Ensure adequate stock control is maintained and assist with regular stock take
- Processing returns to parts hubs with the correct paperwork
Education and Experience
- Educated to GCSE standard in maths & English
Core Competencies Required For The Role (in no particular order)
- Team Working
- Planning & Organising
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Focus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience in service administration | Invoicer role (including warranty, repair and maintenance) in a commercial or passenger vehicle environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Good customer service skills with basic technical understanding
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literate. Knowledge of ADP/Kerridge system preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in a Parts department
- Good working knowledge of Autoline
- HGV & Forklift licence desirable
- Experience with handling parts warranty and returns
- The ability to work as a team player in a busy department
- Flexible approach to working hours to allow cover for holidays / training
- Ability to work on own initiative under pressure
- Full driving licence
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**