Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: [Insert Salary]
Working hours: 37.5 Monday to Friday
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Manager to join the team based at our Milton Keynes Support Centre.
To ensure Scania GB Ltd is fully compliant with all HMRC customs requirements and administration. The successful candidate will be required to coordinate and develop Scania’s import and export processes and policies, work closely with stakeholders and be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payments of duties and tariffs.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Understanding of the Trade Cooperation Agreement (TCA) and Free Trade Agreements (FTA) aligned to the UK
- Coordinate and develop Scania’s import and export processes and policies
- Offer up to date and relevant advice to the business’ stakeholders across finance, supply and varied product areas
- Strong Classification knowledge covering UK and EU Tariffs
- Audit MSS data against company records to ensure accuracy of data held by HMRC
- Complete relevant paperwork for HMRC associated with the import and export of all products
- Deferment Account and Import VAT reconciliations
- Relationship management with nominated UK Customs Agent
- Direct liaison with global suppliers, role associated authorities, businesses and professional institutions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Customs individual with experience and in-depth knowledge of international trade, customs processes, special procedures and regulations
- Ideally 3 – 5 years’ experience within International Trade sector
- Qualifications issued with Institute of Export (IOE), UK Customs Academy (UKCA) and Strong & Herd ((Ranging from Advanced Certificates (Level 3) to Diploma (Level 5/6))
- Excel, Word, PPT
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**