Driver / Branch Maintenance
£11.29 per hour + bonus + excellent benefits
Scania is looking for a Driver to join the friendly Normanton team. You will collect and deliver customer vehicles and will need a minimum class 2 licence and good customer service skills. You will assist in the general cleanliness and maintenance of the workshop, Branch and yard / parking areas as well as delivering parts when required.
Scania at invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Collection and delivery of customer vehicles for servicing
- General housekeeping/ cleaning duties within the workshop and depot areas
- General maintenance and up-keep of company equipment
- General property repairs and maintenance as required
- Up-keep and tidiness of yard and parking areas
- Delivering customer parts when required
- Yard shunting
- Promote the company’s products and services
Education and/or Experience
- Experience in a commercial workshop
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Class 2 licence (essential)
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to build good relationships, internally and externally
- Willing to learn
- Flexible approach
- Willing to be flexible with additional hours to suit the business needs
- A clean driving license
Desirable but not essential
- Category C+E Licence (class 1)
- Driver CPC
- PCV licence
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**