HGV MOT Driver| Cleaner | Shunter
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we at Scania invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Based at our Normanton Branch you will be responsible for……..
Scania Normanton handle circa 100 HGV MOT's per month. This role will be to ensure all MOT vehicles are fully steam cleaned and delivered to the MOT test centre. To help and assist in the collection and delivery of customers vehicles plus the shunting of HGV's around the yard. Road testing and general driving duties as required. To carry out general maintenance and repairs within the Depot, and to carry out any tasks as deemed reasonably practical by supervisors/ managers.
THIS ROLE IS PREDOMINANTLY THE CLEANING AND DRIVING OF CUSTOMER'S HGV'S
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Ensure HGV Vehicles are fully steam cleaned
- Delivering HGV's to the MOT test centre
- Collection and delivery of customers HGV's for servicing
- Road testing and general driving duties as required of customer vehicles
- General maintenance and up-keep of company equipment
- General property repairs and maintenance as required
- Up-keep and tidiness of yard and parking areas
- Yard shunting
- Promote the company’s products and services
Education and/or Experience
•Must have experience in a commercial workshop
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Category C+E License is essential
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to build good relationships, internally and externally
- Willing to learn
- Flexible approach
- Willing to be flexible with additional hours to suit the business needs
- A clean driving license
Desirable but not essential
- Driver CPC (desirable)
- PCV license (desirable)
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**