End of Contract Controller
Reporting to: End of Contract/Asset Manager
The responsibility of an End of Contract Controller is to play a pivotal role within the department working to control, advise and report on the return schedule of vehicles coming to their end dates. Making direct contact with customers you will be required to proactively gain an understanding of their needs and take the relevant actions to allow for a smooth transition upon EOC for both SFS and SGB. Where vehicles are returning into the dealerships, the EOC department is required to track the return, book end of contract inspections both internally and externally with our 3rd party damage inspectors.
You will confidently share and discuss contractual information and invoice customers where they are found to be in breach of their contract in areas such as excess mileage, late return, and vehicle damages.
You will be expected to maintain a well-established relationship with SGB, proving them with all relevant information obtained to allow them to manage their stock accordingly.
- Send out monthly contact emails to advise them of their contracts which are due to expire
- Call customers to discuss the EOC guidelines
- Identify customer needs and action appropriately
- Pass on all potential sales leads
- Share and discuss EOC charges with customers
- Ensure all of the relevant systems and reports are updated on a daily basis
- Work cross functionally within the business and with an overall responsibility on performance
- Be proactive, solution oriented and challenge when areas could be improved
- Be confident and able to ask for help when required
- In advance of the contract end date identify applicable customer requirements and request for the appropriate extensions through the correct channel
- Prepare effective and accurate pricing and share them with the customer/sales persons
- Obtain confirmation of extensions from the customer ahead of the EOC date and action
- Sharing detailed breakdowns of costs areas associated with the end of contract department with the customer at the correct time
- Abiltiy to discuss costs in detail with the customer where required and engage with SGB for input where necessary
- Ensure invoices are raised and paid in accordance of expectation
- Escalate matters which cannot be resolved to the EOC manager
- Have an understanding of the company’s future targets and work with continuous improvements for all applicable processes
- Maximise on oppertunities that present themselves
- Support and make use of business development resources avilabile to improve in work load
- Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance
- Demonstrates understanding of customers (internal and external), their commercial contributions, industry and needs.
- Obtain relevant required information from the appropriate sources, make use of this to create reports and summarise needs
- Planning, allocating and mobilizing resources (human, physical, information and financial resources) to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates understanding for importance of safety and health policies, procedures and regulations. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees
Key COMPETENCIES / Skills Required:
- Listening and communicating openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- Treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with the broader community.
- Supporting others to develop and learn, recognising their achievements, and building an organisational culture where knowledge and growth are valued and rewarded.
- Energising and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
- Recognising the need for change, being open to new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change within the organisation and beyond.
- Seeing and understanding different sides of an issue, examining the full range of options and outcomes, and building intellectual frameworks to guide analysis and action.
- Creative problem solver with relentless pursuit of innovative solutions
Desirable experience & qualifications:
- Relevant higher education or equivalent work experience
- Relevant business knowledge and experience in a similar role
- Commercial, financial and customer focus with a full understanding of how failure impacts costs, customer satisfaction and business reputation
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.