Reports to Head of Finance
Salary – Competitive + Excellent Benefits Package
37.5 Hours per week – Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant.
Based at our Milton Keynes Support Center you will manage the preparation and presentation of financial and commercial consolidated management information for the both the Scania Group and for external financial reporting. Reporting to our Head of Finance, you’ll play a key role in maintaining the integrity of the data and processes that underpin financial reporting. You will bring analytical and reporting skills to develop that data into insightful management presentations.
We’re looking for a proactive, organised Financial Accountant with experience working for a large company with group reporting and consolidation responsibilities. You must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant to join a market leading organisation with scope for developing your career.
- Manage Group – documentation, processing & reporting
- Develop and continually improve best practice for financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with group reporting and corporate governance policies
- Liaise with operating unit finance teams to assist the efficient delivery of input data
- Process consolidation routines
- Generate standard reports
- Develop ad hoc reports and analysis
- Liaise with the auditors in connection with Group and statutory reporting
- Develop presentation material for internal & external reporting purposes
- Undertake ad hoc analysis or other reporting tasks within the capacity and capability of the role at the instigation of the Finance Director and Head of Finance, either as an individual project or working with others in the team
- Play an active part in the wider Group Financial Control team
Skills & Experience
- Formal Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) – Essential
- Exposure to, and understanding of consolidation processes is essential
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint – Essential
- Relevant financial experience within a large limited organisation, ideally at Group level (sector / divisional level also considered), or in a large private business with similar characteristics
- Be able to demonstrate a proven career path and progression in a financial role
Knowledge & Abilities
- Autoline 8.35/AS400
- Financial Reporting
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to organise work and be self-motivated
- Ability to work proactively and as part of a team
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**