Working hours – Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager within our BOSTON Branch to proactively develop and manage the parts and services business and operations to maximize customer and employee satisfaction, as well as business performance contributing to the profitable growth of Scania. Responsible for providing the leadership required to efficiently and effectively manage the branch and ensure operating compliance. The General Manager ensures that customers have great confidence in the branch through the provision of excellent service by managing employees and customer relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply and ensure that the branch works to the criteria laid down in the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) policies at all times.
- Set routines for planning and follow up meetings
- Carry out regular meetings
- Verify there is an efficient flow of authorised work in the workshop, ensuring quality and documentation
- Develop, implement and monitor standards and routines, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness within the branch
- Monitor the ongoing condition of workshop tools and equipment, arranging purchase, repair and calibration
- Monitor and handle deviations initiate proper actions and escalations
- Promote and work with DOS to ensure uniform quality standards in all areas of the business
- Manage the spare parts business and ensure parts availability, stock control i.e. service exchange and warranty parts procedures are strictly adhered to
- Manage the branch facilities
- Create working time schedules for work shifts
- Select and recruit competently qualified employees, train, develop and annually appraise, ensuring a branch succession plan is in place to maximise opportunities and growth through the team.
- Proactively work to improve employee satisfaction in the branch, promote participation in the VW Employee Survey and ensure action plans are developed and implemented.
- Build and maintain the right level of relationships with customer representatives.
- Monitor the processing of complaints and process major or complicated complaints
- Assist workshop personnel and customers regarding technical issues.
- Participate in meetings with Key customers when required
- Proactively work to improve CSI and mystery shop results for both workshop and parts services
- Market and communicate Scania parts & services solutions to existing and potential customers
- Coordinate and follow up of the Services Salesman activities if required by the reporting line
- Enable a team-based approach ensuring open and effective communication within the branch to achieve common business objectives
- Monitor the branch’s labour and parts pricing and discounts to ensure that they meet the established level
- Cooperate with other regional and distributor departments to develop, maintain and communicate the services strategy, portfolio and solutions
- Manage and analyse the branch’s running costs and expenditure budget
- Regularly follow up business and financial results
- Set, monitor, maintain and follow up KPIs
- Work with and handle applicable licenses for the workshop operations, monitor possible developments
- Analyse current standards to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the branch
- Proactively initiate improvement activities, ensuring conditions are in place to achieve branch goals.
- Responsible for branch parts performance and profitability.
- Responsibility for Parts revenue stream from workshop and front counter sales.
- Responsible to achieve acceptable level of return on capital employed from parts stock.
Key requirements for the role:
- Business Perspective – Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance
- Managing People – Managing others to ensure their work contributes to organisational goals. Developing individuals, building teams, resolving conflicts and applying workplace policies.
- Managing Resources – Planning, allocating and mobilising resources (human, physical, information and financial resources) to achieve organisational goals.
- Products and Services – Maintains an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks. Understands Scania products and services value proposition connected to processes and business.
- SHE – Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of safety and health policies, procedures and regulations. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**