Head of Retail Truck Sales
Head of Retail Truck Sales
Location: covering the South West region
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits package + car
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Head of Retail Truck Sales to join the team based in our South West Region.
You will have responsibility and primary focus for leading the Region’s New Retail Truck Sales organisation, ensuring the sales department successfully delivers and stretches its customer satisfaction, financial and business objectives.
This is a senior leadership position within the business, reporting directly into the Region’s Dealer Director and functionally to the U.K. Sales Director’s office. You will be responsible for formulating the regional sales strategy and executing Scania (Great Britain) Limited’s national sales strategy including planning, analysing and developing the sales business as well as coaching, supporting and developing the sales team whilst significantly driving forward the financial performance of the function.
The role demands a perpetual review of current approaches and practices, actively exploring new and alternative sales initiatives with a primary focus on delivering benchmark customer service and industry leading financial performance contributing to the profitable growth of Scania.
Motivational leadership and the ability to influence the key stakeholders within the function is a critical part of this role as is the ability to demonstrably show the return on investment.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Implement UK Sales Strategy at Regional level as base for the Market and Business Plan.
- Successfully deliver against set KPI’s from Sales Strategy and business objectives (operational and financial)
- Execute the Sales Strategy based on structured sales, Retail Sales Management (RSM) through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) approach
- Interact with and visit prospects and customers regularly with the sale team and Dealer Director ensuring relationships are cultivated at all levels within the organisation
- Functional responsibility to inspire, coach and motivate the sales force
- Understand and act according to the Scania way frame work
- Maintains an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks. Understands Scania products and services value proposition connected to processes and business.
- Able to implement safety and health policies, procedures and regulations in daily work. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees
- Offering unique perspective by delivering insightful data, solutions or experiences to customers that helps them better compete in their own end-market.
- Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance and deliver great financial performance
- Demonstrates understanding of customers, their commercial offerings, industry, business, motivational drivers and needs. Understands how Scania can contribute to the optimization of customer profitability
- Influencing skills and excellent communication skills
- Managing others to ensure their work contributes to organisational goals. Developing individuals, building teams, resolving conflicts and applying workplace policies, challenging poor performance
- Ability to explore positions and alternatives to reach best possible outcome by seeking mutual benefits and maintaining relationship in business discussions with the counterparts
Education / Experience
- Relevant education or equivalent work experience
- Business knowledge and experience from a similar role
- Managerial and Leadership experience
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**