HGV Master Technician | Mechanic
£31,000 to £37,793 + Branch Incentive Scheme + Excellent Benefits Package
Early & Late Shift Monday to Friday
Early Shift – Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30, Friday 08:00 to 16:00
Late Shift – Monday to Thursday 16:00 to 00:30, Friday 16:00 to 22:30
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Master Technician | Mechanic who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Aberdeen branch, you will have the opportunity to independently carry out repairs, calibrations and troubleshooting on Scania vehicles electronic control systems and electrical components using PC diagnostics with an emphasis on non-intermittent faults within a professional workshop. You will also receive excellent training at our bespoke training centre to develop you to the next level of your career.
HGV Technician Responsibilities:
- Independently carry out repairs, calibrations and troubleshooting on Scania vehicles electronic control systems and electrical components using PC diagnostics with an emphasis on non-intermittent faults
- Diagnose, analyse and rectify all types of faults, including engines, gear boxes and retarders, brake systems, pneumatic and electrical components
- Diagnose, check and set the mechanical systems
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- As required, attend to disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer’s premises as part of Scania Assistance, following appropriate routines and procedures including roadside safety laws and regulations
- Provide technical advice to customers and colleagues
- Ensure all job cards and service sheets are completed correctly
- Understand and work according to parts ordering procedures
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and attend training courses
- Use and apply knowledge, training, technical and personal skills to carry out work allocated
- Ensure that the customer requirements and expectations are met, through the provision of quality work
- Comply with company and customer policies and procedures, including the completion of documents and records
- Proactively work to improve CSI and mystery shop results
Key requirements for the HGV Technician:
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles
- Knowledge of ADP | Kerridge system preferred but not essential
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
- LGV/HGV/PCV licence an advantage
- Bus and coach experience an advantage
- IRTEC accreditation desirable but not essential as we have IRTEC courses available
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**