HR Business Partner
Competitive Salary + Car + Benefits Package
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Scania (Great Britain) Limited is a leading supplier of heavy commercial vehicles, a premium brand with many fans. You don’t need to know about trucks to join Scania as HR Business Partner, but you do need to know about people to support our colleagues in the region.
The HR Business Partner will be based in theNorth | East Regions and will work closely with business leaders and line managers to support SGB in building organisation competence and developing employee engagement. The role will work closely with the business to gain insight on themes and trends which would shape the plans for recruitment, engagement, talent planning, training and organisational design. This includes coaching and supporting management in ER processes. You will report to the Regional Executive Director and functionally report to the HR Director. Working flexibly with 16 locations between Newcastle and Spalding, you will be the onsite HR support for the regions’ managers.
- To provide commercially focussed advice and support to managers on complex employee relations issues such as grievances, poor conduct, underperformance, lack of capability, long term absence, etc., ensuring positive outcomes for the business.
- To upskill managers through support and coaching to give them the skills to effectively manage their staff, including developing and engaging employees, specifically:
- Coach managers in effective P&D discussions with employees.
- Coach managers in working with employees to develop actions to address areas for improvement identified through the employee survey.
- To provide coaching and guidance to managers on the importance of regular formal and informal communication with employees plus effective performance and development reviews.
- Supporting managers with succession planning, development plans for leaders and future leaders and identifying high potential employees, ensuring effective actions are taken to support their development.
- To provide advice, guidance and support on change programmes e.g. restructures, changes of shifts and changes to terms and conditions of employment to ensure that changes are effectively introduced, are legally compliant, well communicated, and employees understand the need for change.
- To provide a comprehensive support package to managers on recruitment related issues, particularly:
- Establishing and staffing regional recruitment activities at relevant industry events, schools, colleges and the wider community to promote Scania as an employer, attract candidates and develop a talent pipeline for future staffing needs.
- Ensuring managers implement effective recruitment practices enabling them to accurately identify suitable potential in applicants with or without experience in sector and assisting them with implementing a structured re-training or upskilling plan to make that potential effective.
- To provide support and guidance to managers in identifying trends and issues in relation to key people issues such as employee turnover, helping them understand the reasons and formulating effective actions to correct.
- To work with managers to ensure they understand the importance of the early days for new employees, monitoring and guiding their actions to ensure the successful onboarding of employees.
- To monitor relevant KPIs including turnover levels, participation in the employee survey, trends in the employee survey index, feedback from employees including from exit interviews and support the business in developing and implementing action plans which effect improvement.
- To provide support to new managers ensuring they understand their role in the Scania people processes and effectively apply that learning in the workplace.
- To support managers in understanding the value of the rewards package and all its elements to enable them to promote this to all staff, including new starters.
- To work closely with the central HR function in the development of SGB in advancing policies and procedures that enhance business capability and effectiveness; ensuring the effective implementation of agreed HR initiatives and programmes, policies and procedures.
Key requirements for the role:
- Business perspective – using an understanding of business issues, processes & outcomes to enhance business performance.
- Managing people – managing others to ensure their work contributes to organisational goals. Developing individuals, building teams, resolving conflicts, and applying workplace policies.
- Managing resources – planning, allocating, and mobilizing resources (human, physical, information and financial resources) to achieve organisational goals.
- SHE – Demonstrates understanding for importance of safety and health policies, procedures and regulations in daily work. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt communication, listening and communicating openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences. Influencing leadership teams on HR matters and linking this to business strategy.
- Customer Focus approach by maintaining customer contact, understanding customer needs and keeping the customer informed, with a focus on delivering things right first time providing service excellence.
- Usesinitiative to address issues proactively and deals with conflict and challenging situations.
- Leading change by orchestrating change initiatives that involve multiple teams and functions. Leading organisational change with a focus on talent management, organisation design and culture change.
- Problem solving by identifying problems and the solutions to them
- Result orientation by working towards goals proactively, recognizing and eliminating obstacles. Delivers results in accordance to quality, time-frames and expectations.
- Teamwork – proactively assists and involves others and building relationships with key stakeholders and people managers.
Desirable experience & Qualifications
- Experience of leading a team in a multi-site commercial environment.
- Experience of partnering and/or supporting managers in a HR Role.
- Experience in delivering strategic change in a HR role.
- CIPD level 5 minimum, level 7 desirable.
Excellent benefits package including company car, pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**