Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure
Salary – up to £48,000
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Technical oversight and ownership of infrastructure configuration
- Technical oversight and implementation of new Infrastructure projects
- Implement, configure and secure infrastructure architecture solutions as developed in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture team
- Actively identifies and implements service improvement possibilities for infrastructure services
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current infrastructure trends and developments and provide guidance and counsel to IT senior management and business groups on infrastructure technologies and issues to build better solutions that support and drive business decisions
- Act as escalation point for infrastructure issues from 3rd line support team
- Assist with knowledge sharing and mentoring of other internal IT teams on infrastructure related technologies
- Collaborates with the CISO to ensure Infrastructure embrace and apply security strategy
- Work with parent company infrastructure initiatives and teams
- Ensure monitoring and alerting is in place to allow 3rd line support team to effectively support the current infrastructure
- Develops the maturity of Infrastructure to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps)
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Minimum undergraduate degree (Computing background preferable).
- Strong technical skills across a broad range of infrastructure components
- Networking (Meraki)
- Network security (Firewalls, segmentation)
- Virtualisation (VMWare)
- Windows Server
- Windows 10
- Ability to work with High Level and Low Level design documents from architecture team to implement solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong hands-on knowledge of securing infrastructure components
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different areas of the organisation and at different levels of seniority
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people.
- Some European Travel
Experience / Skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Monitoring with ELK stack
- Azure active directory
- Basic cloud knowledge, in particular AWS
- Citrix XenApp
- Exposure to automation and Infrastructure as Code
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**