Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure
Salary – up to £56,000 + Company Incentive Scheme + Excellent Benefits Package
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud) to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Support and provide expertise to assist with migration from current on-prem environment towards cloud-native first approach in AWS
- Act as escalation point for cloud related issues from 3rd line support team
- Assist with knowledge sharing and mentoring of other internal IT teams on cloud related technologies
- Technical oversight and ownership of cloud configuration
- Assist in embedding DevSecOps culture within Infrastructure team and move towards Infrastructure as Code
- Interface with development team to give guidance on cloud infrastructure components required to support their development requirements
- Implement, configure and secure cloud architectures for solutions as specified by Enterprise Architecture team
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current cloud trends and developments and provide guidance and counsel to IT senior management and business groups on cloud technologies and issues to build better solutions that support and drive business decisions
- Assist in enabling Cloud Adoption – by articulating the benefits of Cloud technologies to senior business stakeholders as well as IT operations and project teams.
- Work with global cloud initiatives and teams
- Collaborates with the CISO to ensure Infrastructure embrace and apply security strategy.
- Develops the maturity of Infrastructure to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps)
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Minimum undergraduate degree (Computing background preferable).
- Extensive, proven experience implementing and supporting cloud platforms on AWS
- Good working knowledge of cloud security in AWS
- Good working knowledge of AWS operations and cost control
- Good knowledge of fundamentals of on-prem infrastructure (network, storage, Windows Server, ..)
- Ability to work with High Level and Low Level design documents from architecture team to implement solutions
- Experience of CI/CD tools and Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of Azure
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different areas of the organisation and at different levels of seniority.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people.
- Some European Travel
Experience / Skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- VMWare virtualisation technologies
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**