Located – Milton Keynes
Reports to – Head of Business Solutions & Technology
Salary – £45000 – £50000 + bonus + excellent benefit package
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for Business Analyst to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our IT & Transformation portfolio. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured business analyst to help achieve this.
They will be expected to take a ‘hands-on’ approach to deliver the work and be able to undertake more detailed process and analysis work to support the implementation.
Essential duties & Job Responsibilities
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of business processes and be able to identify areas for process improvement.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Needs to be an independent thinker and a key contributor in supporting the project manager towards the successful delivery of projects.
- Have the ability to take on the role of product owner from time to time.
- Produce high-quality business requirements documentation (such as requirements specifications, user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria) and detailed technical requirements specifications (such as data models, ER diagrams, UML models).
- Holding requirements gathering sessions, capturing meeting minutes, following up on action items, reporting project status, and ownership of project documentation.
- Managing scope creep and clearly communicating with stakeholders on feasibility and effort analysis.
- Working closely with the Development and Testing teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the requirements are understood and development is aligned.
- Reviewing test cases and test plans from the System Test team, negotiate testing scope and timelines, review test scripts, review defects raised.
- Driving the UAT with the business users, which includes performing some parts of the UAT, providing test scenarios and training to the business users, reviewing defects raised.
- Maintaining risks and issues logs and actively managing the mitigation strategies.
- Communicating regularly with the project team members, the IT leadership, Business stakeholders, and Project Sponsors to provide appropriate requirements related to status updates.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects)
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- BA/BSc Degree in a relevant subject.
- PMI-PBA Certified or equivalent (desirable)
Experience | Skills
- More than five years’ experience of working as a business analyst in an IT environment.
- Good understanding of processes and terminology.
- Experience in soliciting and documenting requirements using a variety of styles and techniques.
- Experience working with distributed teams and relationship building with stakeholders.
- Experience of the full project life cycle and use of the appropriate controls at each step.
- Experience with Agile or iterative methodologies and terminology.
- Ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with “leadership” qualities that encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, and requests to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative and will not just accept the status quo.
- Results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success.
- Experience of industry tools and technologies
- Practical understanding of applying different Project Management methodologies and controls; Waterfall, Agile, Iterative etc,
Some exposure to working in a commercially focused housing/asset management environment
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry-leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**