First Line Analyst
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager
Salary up to £25,000 + Company Success Scheme + Excellent Benefits Package
Working hours: Shift Basis Rotating
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a First Line Analyst to join the team based at our Milton Keynes office.
This role provide technical support to Scania GB customers onsite or remotely via phone, email or web-portal. This includes diagnosing and troubleshooting IT issues as well as the fulfillment of IT requests.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, following defined and updated standards and guidelines.
- Perform a range of technical work activities either remotely or onsite to meet the business’s IT requirements.
- Provide customer service to our Scania network, ensuring a consistent experience
- Work as part of a team to ensure incident and request service level performance targets are met
- Ensure Service Desk knowledge is kept current, following instructions and procedures and flagging when there is a gap in knowledge
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, in particular our Information Security policies, ensuring there is no breach in IT security protocol
- Escalate issues in line with Service Desk processes to ensure the customers’ requirements are met
- Adapt to a quickly changing IT environment, due to the nature of IT issues, needs, changes and events
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues who are less experienced
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Organised approach to work activities
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Self- motivated and assertive
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Education and/or Experience
- Proven experience in IT Desktop service environment
- Experience in supporting current Microsoft operating systems, office suites
- Proven experience in a customer service role
- Ability to use information systems, technology functions and applications in the IT industry
- ITIL awareness is an advantage
- CompTIA A+ Fundamentals or equivalent is a significant advantage
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**