IT Technical Support Manager
Location : Milton Keynes Support Centre
Salary : £36-42k + bonus + excellent benefits package
Working Hours : 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Scania GB is looking for a IT Technical Support Manager who will report to the Head of IT Service Delivery and lead and manage a 3rd Line Technical Support team ensuring the focus is on delivering to our customers. Based at our modern offices in Milton Keyes you will act as a point of escalation, ensuring the team have what is necessary to deliver results. You will drive the team in their technical support of infrastructure, desktop and virtual environments, as well as migrations, ongoing maintenance and projects, ensuring tickets are resolved within SLA. You will support in the mentoring of the 1st and 2nd line Service Desk Analysts, seeking opportunities with the Service Desk Manager to enhance service delivery. Identifying repeat issues and devising strategies to improve. Creating documentation, training, and support in the implementation of new IT strategies. Working closely with our internal partners and customers as well as the management of suppliers.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
- Responsible for delivering desktop and Citrix environment support
- Ensuring the team support a mixture of physical and virtual servers, with routine maintenance and patching.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing technical input into projects across the business
- Ensuring backups run smoothly and resolve any issues that may occur
- Manage and implement 'best practice' regarding policies, processes and documentation of IT systems
- Resolution and overall ownership of assigned IT tickets within the ITSM system
- Supporting knowledge management activities along with the teams mentoring of 1st and 2nd line engineers
- Lead a team by example to achieve internal IT contractual SLAs and KPIs
- Seek opportunities to improve the service
- Manage HR processes such as sickness / absence in accordance with Scania’s policies
- Engage with support teams within Scania to ensure that the team have the right tools, skills and processes to deliver a service as good as the product
- Ad hoc initiatives and projects as required by IT
- Work with key suppliers enabling them to deliver and develop their services
- Act as a role model and an escalation point for the team for all work-related issues
- Development of the team through coaching and training and regular 121s and team meetings.
- Demonstrate relevant company values and behaviours
- Driving a performance culture and addressing poor performance
- Strong technical knowledge and IT infrastructure support background
- Experience supporting Desktop, VMWare, Windows 10, M365, Citrix
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrable supplier performance and relationship management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Comfortable with presenting to small groups
- Excellent organisational, time management and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Self- motivated and assertive
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Background in leading IT Operational / Technical teams
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience in supporting Infrastructure, Cloud, Microsoft products, Hardware for medium to large organisations
- ITIL Qualification
- Previous experience in supporting IT Service Desk, Problem, or Change, while not necessary will be beneficial
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.