Lead BI Developer
Reporting to – Head of IT Development
Salary £50,000 to £60,000
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for Lead BI Developer to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our Data & BI team scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of our current legacy applications used by our employees. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured BI Team Lead to help achieve this. Our developments are predominantly Microsoft On-Prem SQL / Azure SQL & ADF v2 / Snowflake / Talend / PowerBI.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Create/Manage Solution Architecture for various systems built in-house and integration between Vendor IT Systems
- Liaising with Vendor IT Architects and or external or internal IT suppliers
- Talent that thrives on solving complex problems to be part of something special
- Talent that can champion technical direction and lead others on the journey of delivering on it
- Development of well-structured modular systems which utilise efficient code that follows our in-house coding standards
- Effective and meaningful documentation of systems to ensure ease of support and modification in the future.
- Systems which meet agreed functional and technical requirements and which provide excellent usability and reliability from a user perspective.
- Visibility of project progress, to ensure that projects are delivered to agreed deadlines and targets.
- Provision of timely and effective support to existing systems and solutions.
- Ongoing personal development to ensure that the latest development tools and techniques can be utilised where appropriate
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues and internal customers, to ensure that development sprint targets are met and that customer expectations are met.
- Collaboration with product experts within ICT and other areas of the business to ensure that a unified approach to data integration is adopted and that project dependencies are identified and managed appropriately.
- To work flexibly, which may on occasion involve out of office business hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Manage team’s backlog and help identify the right specs of backlog items.
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Essential Knowledge/Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of:
- SQL Server
- Knowledge of software interfacing processes and technologies including web services and APIs.
- Thorough understanding of the complete software development lifecycle.
- Understand SCRUM / Agile working practices.
- Leadership / Mentoring capabilities.
- Desirable Knowledge/Qualifications:
- Azure Development
- Azure Data Factory
- AWS Development
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Experience in using Test Driven Development best practices
- Previous experience working in a similar capacity.
- Experience of developing high quality software solutions which meet agreed technical and functional specifications.
- Experience of testing and de-bugging solutions and of release management/roll-back strategies.
- Experience of supporting and enhancing existing software solutions.
- Proven ability to produce high quality technical and end-user documentation.
- Experience of working effectively with non-technical end users to deliver effective business solutions.
- Experience of using Agile methodology.
- Experience of source control and automated build/test systems.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**