National Marketing Executive
Salary up to £30,000 + Company Success Scheme + Excellent Benefits Package
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Reports to: Head of Brand Marketing
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a National Marketing Executive to join the team based at Milton Keynes.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
The main responsibilities of the National Campaign Executive are to manage the day-to-day delivery, control and effectiveness of external national communications for the company, safeguard and develop the Scania brand and ensure the relevancy and consistency of messages towards the Services, Parts, VRS and Rental target groups, also providing liaison with a selection of Independent Dealers on their activity.
The role is responsible for the creation of all strategic brand concepts and materials relating to Services, Parts and Rental divisions and is specifically responsible for ownership of the Marketing 360° process; commissioning and collating all insight required to enable the targeting of campaigns to specific customer groups; the expert design, creation and fulfilment of the campaigns themselves; and the briefing and monitoring of the follow-up resource to complete the project. Ultimately, the role will have operational ownership of the whole campaign process by analyzing and presenting the effectiveness of their activities through key data metrics, budget management and the campaign’s contribution to the business plan for the Services, Parts and Rental divisions of the business.
- Design and commission integrated marketing communications to support the Services (Contracts, Connected, Driver and Fleet Services), Parts (Retail, VRS) and Rental business plan objectives by targeting customer needs and brand/product perceptions.
- Execute communication plans and concepts with the aim to increase the awareness and consideration for the overall Scania brand across your selected products.
- Oversee the allocated brand and communications budget and track investment by department, channel and region.
- Work with Insight, Research and Lead-Gen team to commission market and customer analysis to drive campaign development.
- Work with external suppliers to design and commission integrated, creative campaigns across full channel mix (inc. Ads, Digital, PR, Events, POS etc), for fulfilment into the market.
- Work with and brief the Sales Centre team to actively engage with and follow-up selected campaigns.
- Own the 360° process – tracking weekly to agreed metrics, responding in an agile manner to modify approach as required.
- Collate, analyse and report campaign results for all activity.
- Collaborate, communicate with and influence all department stakeholders relevant to your areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate, communicate and inform the Marketing Business Partners in the delivery of your part of the business plan at regional level.
- Lead operational meetings, follow-up sessions, visual updates, statistics and debriefs on activity throughout the year.
- Manage a complete and accurate communications schedule (all activity, timings, channels, budget) daily throughout the year.
- Drive innovation in communication to improve effectiveness and reach in target groups, reduce waste and improve automation in communications methods.
- Drive an effective presence and content strategy in customer/driver relevant online channels (Social Media, Search, Web and Mobile).
- Monitor developing trends in the digital and automation arenas.
- Support the sales organisation with digital tools that improve customer experience and reduce waste in print.
- Seek improvements in the sales lead generation/funnel process through CRM integration and segmentation, with the help of digital tools where applicable.
- Actively contribute in building the Scania brand to be perceived as a leader in ‘sustainable transport solutions’.
- Map the key stakeholders in the sustainability landscape (ex: media, government, municipalities, customer’s customer) and have a plan in place to establish/maintain positive relationship with them to build the Scania brand.
- Collaborate with the UK Sustainability Officer to ensure sustainability messaging is integrated into your products.
- Hold regular meetings with the retail organisation.
- Drive and support the dealers/depots/Marketing Business Partners/Independents in the development of local M&C plans/activities and follow up on implementation and results.
- Support the dealers with information, tools, campaigns to plan and execute their M&C plans and activities.
- Monitor market and competitor activity, trends and demands for your business areas and products.
- Monitor customer and driver needs, demands, perceptions.
- Support sales strategy development by applying information and insights gained at regular update meetings.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**