Parts Sales/ Delivery Driver
Salary – £21,000 to £23,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Working hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Parts Sales / Delivery Driver who will be based at AVONMOUTH and be responsible for the sale and delivery of parts to the customer.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Interpret customer needs and supply goods as requested by thorough knowledge of parts catalogue
- Gather Market intelligence
- Promote any Scania/VRS campaigns
- Deliver and collect parts as required
- Loading and unloading of vehicle
- Checking in parts deliveries where required
- Communicate with the parts and service departments
- Plan own delivery route with the Parts Supervisor
- Promote the company’s products and services
- Assist with warehouse duties
- Carry out impress stock checks
- Deal with customer needs face to face and over the phone with a professional and friendly approach
- Ensure that usual trading terms e.g. discount levels are adhered to at all times
- Assist with other duties as and when required
Education and/or Experience
- Clean full driving licence
- Experience of driving up to 3.5T Van in a professional capacity
- Proven sales experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- Good communication skills
- Highly organised
- Willing to go the extra mile and get involved with all departments to help and maximise sales opportunities
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
- Enthusiastic to work towards both individual and team goals
- Able to multitask and work well under pressure
- The ability to work as a team player in a busy department
- Able and willing to take ownership, responsibility and accountability for work
- Computer literate
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Able to work on own initiative under pressure
- Geographical knowledge of the local area
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes,discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**