9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary £30,000 to £32,000
Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles means that we are constantly improving our processes and services. HR is currently in the process of developing its HR systems which involves payroll. A member of the Payroll Team has been seconded to work on our new HR software project implementing the new HR system and therefore we have an opportunity for a Payroll Specialist to join the Rewards and Benefits Team on a 9-month fixed term contract.
- Processing starters, leavers and changes to terms & conditions. Carrying out pro-rata calculations and making adjustments.
- Inputting and importing variable pay data, maintaining the timesheet system and carrying out the necessary checks.
- Processing company sick pay, SSP / SMP / SPP and ShPP.
- Complete end of period activities and reporting for Finance, including issuing of payslips and P45s, reconciliation of benefits and recovering overpayments.
- Submitting BACS payments and RTI.
- Preparing and processing third party payments and responding to third party requests.
- Resolving payroll queries from employees and the Finance department.
- Administering overpayments
- Carrying out payroll year end activities which include issuing P60s and ensuring that statutory changes have been implemented.
- Co-ordinating payroll audit and providing data for tax returns.
- Working to continuously improve processes and procedures and maintain documentation.
- Ensuring that payroll documentation is handled and filed in line with GDPR requirements.
- Education and/or Experience
- Experience of processing in-house payroll for a similar size company
- Experience of maintaining a controlled, confidential environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience of running in-house payroll from start to finish
- Excellent payroll knowledge to be able to resolve all payroll queries
- Efficient and organised working methods
- A high degree of attention to detail and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Good prioritisation, time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player with willing and enthusiastic approach, supporting other members of the team
- Good customer service skills, understanding customer needs and keeping customers informed
- MS Office skills with advanced Excel knowledge (pivot tables, Vlookup, if statements)
- Ability to analyse data and draw accurate conclusions
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**