Salary – Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Scania is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport, and of industrial and marine engines. A growing part of the business consists of maintenance and service, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Scania operates in about one hundred countries and has approximately 42,000 employees worldwide, with over 1,640 working for Scania (Great Britain) Limited. There are 89 dealers that make up Scania’s UK network and approximately half of these are wholly owned, the remainder are independent dealerships. The Human Resources Department is based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes and provides HR support to our wholly owned dealership network and Head Office functions.
About the role
The Payroll Specialist role reports to the Payroll, Data and Systems Manager at Milton Keynes.
The post holder will have joint responsibility for all aspects of monthly in-house payroll through the HR/Payroll system Dayforce for 1,700 employees and related activities including year-end. Paramount to the role is the delivery of payroll and related activities in an accurate and timely manner as well as demonstrable process improvement and data analysis skills. Our People Vision We’re working together to enable our people to perform at their very best, creating a place where we can develop our talents and deliver for our customers. We are all passionate about being successful together.
- Processing starters, leavers and changes to terms & conditions. Carrying out pro-rata calculations and making adjustments.
- Inputting and importing variable pay data, maintaining the timesheet system and carrying out the necessary checks.
- Processing company sick pay, SSP / SMP / SPP and ShPP.
- Producing reports and providing data analysis for monthly payroll sign off and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Complete end of period activities and reporting for Finance, including issuing of payslips and P45s, reconciliation of benefits and recovering overpayments.
- Submitting BACS payments
- Preparing and processing third party payments and responding to third party requests.
- Resolving payroll queries from employees and the Finance department.
- Carrying out payroll year end activities which include issuing P60s and P11Ds and ensuring that statutory changes have been implemented.
- Co-ordinating payroll audit and providing data for tax returns.
- Working to continuously improve processes and procedures and maintain documentation.
- Ensuring that payroll documentation is handled and filed in line with GDPR requirements.
- Involvement in project work, process improvement and implementation of new systems.
?The ideal candidate will have/be
- Experience of processing in-house payroll from start to finish for a similar size company
- Experience of maintaining a controlled, confidential environment
- Excellent payroll knowledge to be able to resolve all payroll queries
- Efficient and organised working methods
- A high degree of attention to detail and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Good prioritisation, time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player with willing and enthusiastic approach, supporting other members of the team
- Good customer service skills, understanding customer needs and keeping customers informed
- MS Office skills with advanced Excel knowledge (pivot tables, Vlookup, if statements)
- Ability to analyse data and draw accurate conclusions ? Experience of a cloud based payroll system desirable
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**