People Business Partner
Salary : £45,000 – £55,000+ car + bonus + excellent benefits package
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 0830-1700
We have an exciting opportunity for a new People Business Partner who will be based inNorth & East region and will work closely with business leaders and People Managers to support Scania (Great Britain) Ltd in building organisational competence and developing employee engagement. You will be based out of our Regional Office inNormanton and will also have the ability to work remotely for part of the week. Reporting to the Director of People and with a dotted reporting line to the Dealer Director, you will also be an important member of the People Leadership Team. In this role you will work closely with the business to gain insight into themes and trends which will shape the plans for recruitment, engagement, talent planning, people development and organisational design.
Our People vision
We’re working together to enable our people to perform at their very best, creating a place where we can develop our talents and deliver for our customers. We are all passionate about being successful together.
- You are a challenging, proactive, confident and a trusted People Business Partner
- Using the knowledge from your business area, you share business insights with the People Team and vice versa
- You actively participate in, and contribute to your respective Leadership Team’s work and meetings
- Focus on all aspects of the employee life cycle from onboarding, workforce planning, reward and recognition, talent & succession, supporting the delivery of a seamless employee experience
- Provide advice, guidance and support on change programmes such as restructures, changes to terms and conditions of employment to ensure that changes are effectively introduced, are legally compliant and the need for change is well communicated.
- Provide commercially focussed advice and support to managers on complex employee relations issues
- Provide support and guidance to People Managers in identifying trends and issues in relation to key people issues such as employee turnover, helping them understand the reasons and formulating effective actions to correct.
- Working with the wider People team and People Managers you identify opportunities to attract, retain and develop talent.
- Support & coach People Managers in the skills to develop and engage employees, specifically:
- Effective performance & development discussions
- Coach People Managers in working with employees to develop actions to address areas for improvement identified through the employee survey
- Monitor relevant KPIs including turnover levels, participation in the employee survey, trends in the employee survey index, feedback from employees including from exit interviews and support the business in developing and implementing action plans which effect improvement.
- Provide support to new People Managers ensuring they understand their role in the Scania people processes and effectively apply that learning in the workplace.
- Support your People Managers in understanding the value of the rewards package and all its elements to enable them to promote this to all employees, including new starters
- Take on a lead role in the team for a people theme such as employee data & analytics, inclusion, engagement & wellbeing
- Experience of partnering and/or supporting managers in an HR role, ideally in a multi-site commercial environment
- Experience in delivering strategic change in an HR role
- Have a real interest in HR and contributing to the development of the business and the People function
- Ability to work in an agile way, moving between different topics quickly and effectively
- Ability to exercise good judgement under pressure
- Focussed on improving and simplifying processes, making the People Team easy to work with
- Good knowledge in organisational design, performance management, people core processes, employee relations
- Must be able to use a People analytics “dashboard” and have a feeling for data quality and data plausibility
- Must be able to use available analytic tools – starting with excel to analyze and produce charts, tables and diagrams
- Courage and confidence to challenge People Managers in a constructive way
- CIPD level 5 minimum, level 7 desirable
- An ambassador of our Scania core values
Scania Core Values
- Customer First
- Respect for the individual
- Elimination of waste
- Team spirit
Excellent benefits package including company car, pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**