£45,000 to £50,000 + Company Incentive Scheme + Excellent Benefits Package
Monday to Friday 08:45 – 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a PowerApps Developer to join the team based at our new Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our Software Development and Support teams scoping out new potential developments for applications used by our employees. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured individual with experience in the Microsoft Power Platform and an understanding of wider software concepts to help achieve this.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
The PowerApps Developer is expected to be proficient in the Microsoft Power Platform including setup of environments, permissions and integrations with external and internal sources of data and services. They should be able to identify and implement process and strategy for PowerApps and work to foster take up of the technology within Scania. Part of the role will include working directly with users / internal customers to analyse and identify improvement areas.
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps primarily).
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to coach and manage expectations
- Design PowerApps and Flow solutions utilizing best practices Create and update documentation
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Establish good PowerApps practices and strategies.
- Support with training others in the use of PowerApps
- Direct and manage Pilot/ PoC / production development from beginning to end
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis
- Working closely with the Software Development, Test, Support and Project teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the testing is aligned to requirements
- Support UAT with business users, capturing and reporting defects to the project to enable review, required remediation and re-test.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors occasionally across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects)
- Assist with establishing a change management framework for updates
- Working knowledge of Business Analysis competencies
- Experience working with APIs and Common Data Service
- At least 12 months experience of Microsoft PowerApps
- At least 12 months experience of Microsoft Flow
- 5 years + professional experience in one of the following or similar technical role:
- Low Code
- Software Support
- Experience of SQL; writing simple queries to validate data; inserting test data; some knowledge of relational databases
- Experience in design and testing of software & processes
- Use of Azure connectors and Logic Apps
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- Experience and knowledge of agile, SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira or TFS
- Agility and capability to adapt to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; handle conflict effectively; collaborate; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**