PR & Media Engagement Officer
PR & Media Engagement Officer
£35,000 – £45,000 per annum + bonus + excellent benefits package
Scania GB is looking for a talented PR & Media Engagement Officer to join the Corporate Communications team and be part of the wider Marketing team.
Scania is a leading operator in the manufacturer, sales and service of trucks, coaches, buses and power solutions. We have some great stories to tell and need a talented writer and collaborator to do just that. Scania has a renowned reputation for being a leader in our industry and we have a passion for our people, our products and our vision for the future with our sustainability strategy – Driving the Shift underpinning every decision we make. We strive to reduce our carbon output and help our customers to invest in more sustainable solutions.
As our PR & Media Engagement Officer, you will play a pivotal role within the Corporate Communications team, being responsible for managing the day-to-day press office function, reporting into the Head of Corporate Communications.
Key responsibilities include responding to and resolving all media enquiries in a timely and professional manner, liaising with teams across the business to gather newsworthy stories, preparing accurate and detailed press releases and tracking and monitoring all media coverage acquired.
- Take responsibility for and devise effective media engagement strategies and policies to improve Scania's brand health, external media and stakeholder relationships and corporate reputation.
- Develop, maintain and report on regular on and offline engagement analytics to present reach and depth of engagement in omni-channel activities, digital and social metrics and sentiment and extent and quality of coverage.
- Hunt-down, unearth and acquire constant internal noteworthy commercial and cultural stories that tell the granular, rational and emotional truth that underpins the direction and behaviours of this unique brand.
- Work with the wider marketing team on a permanent basis to develop and improve positive digital and social/SEO presence, positive sentiment improvements, national website content effectiveness and findability.
- Develop, maintain and publish a database of key media, stakeholder and social/industry influencer contacts, motivations, affiliations and requirements.
- Be the first point of contact for the media, responding to all media enquiries received in a timely and professional manner
- Set up an effective internal system to log and track all enquiries
- Write all press releases to showcase and elevate the Scania brand, focusing on stories from across the business about our people, our products, our customers, our charity activities and our sustainability journey
- Build an effective working relationship with all trade and national media
- Log and number all press releases and manage the Vuelio PR system to track coverage, providing monthly reports to show coverage obtained
- Work with the social media team to share stories and ensure alignment
- Provide key support on the development of our sustainability PR, working with the sustainability team to ensure that the media are always aware of our sustainable activities
- Prepare briefing notes for the senior leadership team as required for media interviews and key press events such as product launches
- Align with the Internal Comms Executive to ensure internal and external messaging is consistent
- Liaise with the corporate communications team in Sweden on global news stories
- Act as the first point of contact for crisis management (24/7)
- Book photographers as required
- Attend PR/Scania events when required
- Ensure brand and style guidelines are adhered to in all communications.
Key skills required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid working relationships with people at all levels across the business and with the media
- Experience of managing a press office function and being the first point of contact for the media
- Ability to write engaging and sometimes comprehensive and technical press releases
- Organised and methodical individual who can plan ahead and schedule work to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to work under pressure, be reactive and deal efficiently with media enquiries
- Creative and innovative in approach
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in the marketing team and the wider organisation
- Keen to present ideas and look for opportunities to elevate the Scania brand and share our stories
- Confidence to deal with senior executives when required
- Strong IT skills
- Working knowledge and experience within the automotive industry
- A keen interest in the Scania brand, its products and its sustainability agenda
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**