Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:45 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join the team based at our Milton Keynes Support Center.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
The main responsibility of the Product Manager is to manage the solution/product and bundled service portfolio of the Trucks and Bus & Coach business units. This is achieved by overseeing and maintaining the marketed range of products and bundled services packaging with the designated team and in close cooperation with dealers, the sales team, colleagues from corporate units and other key stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Portfolio value proposition and planning – Responsible for Solutions Portfolio (products and services) strategy and introductions.
- Define Market Range – Define, develop and update the portfolio market range based on requirements and needs.
- Manage Portfolio Pricing Strategy – Investigate, analyse and carry out bundling of product and services range.
- Manage Portfolio Requests – Mange Portfolio Request procedures and work to understand future demands and needs.
- Managing improvement work according to the Scania Way (SRS) – Set agenda for standardized work methods and improvement activities and manage resources within the same department.
- Business Perspective – Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance.
- Customer understanding – Demonstrates understanding of customers, their commercial offerings, industry, business, motivational drivers and needs. Understands how Scania can contribute to the optimization of customers profitability.
- Digitalization – Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Market Understanding – understand and apply knowledge about the market within area of responsibility. Ability to keep up to date with new development in the area and understand business risks and opportunities.
- Products and services – Maintains an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks. Understands Scania products and services value proposition connected to processes and business.
- Sustainability – understand and apply knowledge about the market within area of responsibility. Ability to keep up to date with new development in the area and understand business risks and opportunities. Demonstrates ability to apply expertise in work situations concerning strategy, operations and people.
- Teaching for Differentiation – Offering unique perspective by delivering insightful data, solutions or experiences to customers that helps them better compete in their own end-market.
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Relevant Education or equivalent work experience
- Business knowledge and experience from a similar role an advantage
- Managerial and Leadership experience
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect For The Individual, Determination, Integrity, Team Spirit and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**