Software Project Manager
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have a new and exciting opportunity for Software Project Manager to join the team based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes.
An exciting new opportunity to work with our software development team scoping out new potential developments and redevelopments of our current legacy applications used by our employees. We are striving to digitally transform all areas of the company and require a strong, capable and structured software project manager to help achieve this. Our developments are predominantly web and mobile applications using Microsoft technologies and support all areas of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing software development projects from conception through to delivery.
- Facilitating the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Liaising with developers and acting as an interface between them and project stakeholders.
- Implementing best practices, techniques and tools for project planning and management.
- To liaise with all project stakeholders on an on-going basis and be the key contact for all potential issues and obstacles that may arise on a project.
- To analyse validity of potential projects and amalgamating projects where possible.
- To anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks and dependencies that may impact on the delivery of projects.
- To make recommendations for a minimum viable product to better processes in the short term.
- Must be articulate, able to document requirements, produce reports and minute meetings where required.
- Will be required to explain expectations and set tasks for operational areas, and chase action points through to completion.
- Providing system training and support for Users
- Liaison with European Markets and Head Office (Sweden) – Capturing feedback and future requirements. Prioritising and organising developments, briefing and managing both internal developers and external development partners (all aspects of the development process). Ensuring developments are successfully released into the live environment.
- Stakeholder Management at all levels of the organisation (UK and Europe)
- Minimum undergraduate degree (Computing background preferable).?
- Experience in software project management.
- Experience in communicating with users to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- An appreciation for software development technologies mainly the Microsoft stack.
- An appreciation for software design and UI.
- Evidence of working with Agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to work with staff and individuals from different areas of the organisation and at different levels of seniority.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people.
- Some European Travel
- Experience of developing software.
- Formal project management training.
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Services.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, elimination of waste, Determination, Team spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**