Regional Sales Manager - Scotland & North
Regional Sales Manager – Scotland & North
£60-70k + car + bonus
Monday to Friday
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager – Scotland & North.
The primary function of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is to support the Regions in providing an outstanding customer experience whilst delivering Scania’s commercial objectives. Representing the UK Wholesale organisation, the RSM has the operational responsibility to steer all sales related activities in the market and business plan in collaboration with the Region’s Head of Retail Sales and with a determined focus to enhance our customer’s sales experience.
Area Sales Strategy Implementation – Support implementation and follow up of the Sales Strategy in the area, as base for the Market and Business Plan
- Represent the UK Sales Director in the area
- Implement and foster the Scania Sales Mindset. Leading by example
- Foster a result and customer-centric approach
- Follow up set KPIs from Sales Strategy
- Execute the Sales Strategy based on structured sales, Retail Sales Management (RSM) through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) approach
- Support the Dealer in escalation requests for customer offers, where additional discount is requested
- Take responsibility for Business Plan implementation
- Identify new business opportunities
- Develop and promote Scania products and services
- Support the Head of Retail Sales with the collation of sales data to create forecasts and action plans for sales strategies and lead time optimisation whilst co-ordinating with the business control function within the wholesale organisation
- Ensure that relevant financial and statistical reports are compiled and analysed for further improvements
- Monitor market and competitor activity, trends, and demands
- Coordinate and escalate findings and market needs back to the Sales Director
Coach the sales force – Functional responsibility to coach and follow up dealer sales force
- Set, track and report on dealer sales activities and plans, sales forecasts, objectives and targets
- Coach, motivate and encourage accountability in sales teams to reach targets and achieve the highest CSI feedback from the customer base
- Identify deviations and generate appropriate action plans
- Implement and develop structured sales (RSM) through a CRM approach
- Engage actively in sales meetings
- Visit dealer locations regularly for development and follow up
- Interact with and visit prospects and customers regularly with Scania Account Managers
Improvement work according to the Scania Way (SRS) – Understand and act according to the Scania Way framework.
- Understand and act according to the Scania way framework
- Maintain the normal situation, detect deviations and act immediately to eliminate them
- Contribute in daily follow-up, daily steering
- Participate and contribute in improvement activities based on a standardized working method
Key requirements for the role:
Business Perspective – Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance.
Customer Understanding – Demonstrate understanding of customers, their commercial offerings, industry, business, motivational drivers and needs. Understand how Scania can contribute to the optimization of customer profitability.
Influencing Skills – Persuade, convince and influence others to obtain their buy-in and support for specific course, action or direction. Understand others’ point of view. Create, maintain and leverage a network of supportive relationships.
Negotiation – Ability to explore positions and alternatives to reach best possible outcome by seeking mutual benefits and maintaining relationships in business discussions with counterparts.
Products and Services – Maintain an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks. Understand Scania products and services value proposition connected to processes and business.
Teaching for Differentiation – Offer unique perspective by delivering insightful data, solutions or experiences to customers that helps them better compete in their own end-market.
Value Selling – Ability to apply the method to identify the right solution for the individual customer as well as explain and argue for the value of an offer, expressed in money and/or time.
Communication – Listen and communicate openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
Accountability – Hold yourself and others to high standards of accountability and create an infrastructure and transparent culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
Initiative – Deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
Inspiring Others – Energize and inspire others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
Leading Change – Recognize the need for change, be open to new ideas and methods, and champion transformational change within the organization and beyond.
Results Orientated – Demonstrate the effort, willingness and ambition to achieve results. Meet objectives and respond proactively to avoid disappointing results.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package which includes but is not limited to a pension scheme, complementary life insurance and financial incentive schemes.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and elimination of waste.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**