Semi-Skilled Tail Lift Technician
Tail Lift | Semi Skilled HGV Technician
Mon – Fri 08:00 – 17:00 (42.5 hrs pw)
£31,448 p.a. + Bonus + Benefits + Overtime at enhanced rates
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Tail Lift Semi-Skilled HGV Technician | HGV Mechanic who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our PURFLEET branch, you will have the opportunity to carry out a tail lift and ancillary service and be responsible for tail lift inspection, weight testing and repairs and LOLER inspections.
- Tail lift LOLER, weight tests and semi-skilled trailer repairs
- Hydraulic hose repair
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Conform to all customer site requirements & regulations
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made; all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Maintain thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
Key requirements for the role:
- Tail-lift knowledge and experience (ideally of varied makes and models)
- Able to repair, rectify tail lift faults (electrical and hydraulic)
- Auto-electrical knowledge and experience
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
- Experience with working on tail lifts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Self-confidence working in field based role at customer premises.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Current driving licence
- LGV/HGV licence
- Fork Lift Licence (FLT)
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**