Semi Skilled HGV Technician
Monday to Friday 06.00 – 15.30 & 13.30 – 23.00 + every 2nd Sat paid at time and a half
£23,500 – £26,550 per annum + bonus + benefits + overtime available
We have an exciting opportunity for a technically minded Semi-Skilled HGV Technician who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Bridgwater Branch in Somerset, you will have the opportunity to carry out weight testing and minor vehicle repairs as well as pressure washing vehicles.
Semi-skilled Technician Responsibilities:
- Pressure washing customer vehicles
- Support the Service Department with minor repairs to vehicles
- Support the ATF lane with brake testing and multi check
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Conform to all customer site requirements & regulations
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made; all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Maintain thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
Key requirements for the semi-skilled Technician:
- Good motor vehicle knowledge
- Auto-electrical knowledge and experience
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Self-confidence working in field based role at customer premises.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Current driving licence
- LGV/HGV licence
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**